Every year, we build excitment about reading with our Read-A-Thon fundraiser. This event allows us to provide free book vouchers for students to shop our November Book Fair and to fund a variety of great events all year long. Most of all it encourages students to develop a lifelong love of reading! This year’s Read-A-Thon takes place from October 11 through October 28.
Students in grades 1-5 should have brought home instructions for creating a Read-A-Thon tracking and fundraising page on Read-A-Thon.com. Paper trackers and donation logs will be sent home on Monday, if you prefer to participate off-line.
Prizes! Prizes! And more Prizes!
If our FRES students meet the School Goal of reading 50,000 minutes or more during the Read-A-Thon, Mr. O has volunteered to KISS A FROG. Keep your eyes out for our Frog-O-Meter tracking our progress throughout the event!
Individual classes and students will be receive prizes for logging the most reading minutes. Read-A-Thon.com provides prizes for fundraising achievements, which will be delivered at the end of the event. Simply set up your online Read-A-Thon page to earn your first reward!
To create a Read-A-Thon Page:
- Go to www.Read-A-Thon.com
- Click the “Login” link in upper left corner, then select “Reader.”
- Enter the code listed on your child’s take-home sheet. (Students should have received take-home sheets before Columbus Day. Students will receive a reminder sheet with the code on Monday, 10/15. Teachers also have the codes for their students.)
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Encourage your child to READ and track their minutes using the Read-A-Thon.com tracker tool or the paper log. Reading minutes should be logged from October 15 through October 28. If you are using a print log and donation sheet, please return it on October 29.
- Encourage friends and family to make donations to reward your child’s reading.
Don’t hesitate to comment below or contact us with your questions.